The Award of Excellence for Research on Cooperatives and Mutuals aims to reward the best dissertation, supervised project of the Master’s degree, or scientific article in the cooperative and mutualist environment, in order to develop the interest and knowledge of cooperatives within HEC Montréal. This initiative also allows students to publicize their work.
- Be a graduating student of the MSc. at HEC Montréal;
- Have written a thesis or a scientific article, or carried out a supervised project, all or part of which relates to cooperatives or mutuals;
- Have submitted the dissertation, scientific article or report of the supervised project, and obtained the final score from the members of the jury for the evaluation of HEC Montréal.
Submitting your application
Applicants must email the following documents to Nara Meli in .pdf format:
- The dissertation, scientific article or report of the supervised project given to HEC Montréal. If applicable, minor corrections to the dissertation, article or supervised project are accepted. Please note that work with major corrections is not accepted.
- A summary of the dissertation, scientific article or supervised project of 3 pages max. that presents the main results and indicating how the content is relevant for cooperatives or mutuals.
The application can be presented in French or in English.
The works submitted within the framework of this competition will be evaluated by a panel of professors/researchers from HEC Montréal. Following the evaluation of the files received, the best candidates will be invited to present their work in 30 minutes during a seminar.
The following criteria will be used by the jury to grant the Award of Excellence:
- Relevance of the topic for cooperatives,
- Use of data specific to cooperatives,
- Comparison of the findings with non-cooperative companies and putting into perspective aspects specific to cooperatives,
- Quality of writing,
- Possible publication of results.
Applicants will be notified by email of the jury’s decision. At the end of the evaluation, an Award of Excellence of $ 500 will be granted to the selected student.
Timeline for deposit and award granting
The application can be submitted during the summer and winter terms following the initial submission of the supervised work or projects and the delivery of the final grade by the HEC Montréal evaluation jury.
The next deposit and grant period is as follows:
Trimester: Winter 2020
HEC Montréal submission deadline: May 8, 2020
Submission deadline for the Excellence Award for research on cooperatives: June 15-26, 2020
Award of Excellence: July 27-31, 2020
For more information, please contact email@example.com.