Through its area of research activities, the Institute wishes to ensure the development of cutting-edge research primarily in the field of cooperatives and mutuals.
To this end, the Institute aims to encourage the involvement of leading researchers from several disciplines on a wide range of cooperative topics. The Institute also aims to broaden the number of affiliated researchers to include researchers active in the field of cooperatives working and collaborating with HEC Montréal professors. In addition, the Institute supports the acquisition, preparation and data analysis on cooperatives needed for research, as well as the dissemination of results through the Cooperatives Gateway.
- Organization at HEC Montréal of the IWFSAS conference (International Workshop on Financial System Architecture and Stability) in partnership with the University of Victoria (Conference “Financial Systems: Diversity, Stability and Sustainable Development”). This conference gatherered over 50 international participants.
- Publication of four research reports:
1. Bank and Credit Union Business Models in the United States
2. Systemic Solutions to Systemic Crises. Dealing with NPLs in the Eurozone;
3. Banks and environmental sustainability: Some financial stability reflections;
4. Carving out legacy assets: a successful tool for bank restructuring?